Lip Fillers-Plump, Perky, Pout 😘

Friday, July 07, 2017

Hey y'all,

I am SOOOOOO excited. After years wondering what it would feel like to have a "pout" reminiscent of Angelina or Kylie, I can say, thanks to Skin Envy in S. Austin, I do!

I mean there was a trend for a hot minute, thank goodness its over where people would use a plastic bottle and the power of suction to draw the blood to the lips and inherently give them that amazing duck lip glow. Except that it was a serious case of poor judgement, because their lips went from pretty to a legitimate duck bill. Not. Cute. I am fairly certain, everyone that made videos of themselves pre and post that challenge, wound up laughing at themselves, because the results were that funny.

And, of course I have bought my fair share of lip plumper in a lipstick style applicator, you feel the tingle and your lips pink up, and it does make a slight difference, but overall its really the same gimmick, very short term results, if any, and no significant difference in appearance.

So, I decided to push away these gimmicks, and false possibilities and go straight to the amazing source. Medical grade Fillers, that have been tested and curated and are applied by professionals to assure the best pout possible. Which is what I did. SCORE! I went to SKIN ENVY, in South Austin, they have a great location with tons of parking, and an awesome staff. I was so impressed with their office, and how well laid out their waiting area is. It is a small area, but while I was there it comfortably fit 4 different adult patients, and my two munchkins! BTW, they were completely okay with my kids waiting in the waiting area while I had my consult and treatment.
For me, there was this huge moment, where I couldn't stop looking in the mirror. You will be swollen, for the first few days, like really really swollen. No offense to Joan Rivers, but you may look like her for a hot minute. But not to worry, because the swelling subsides, and your lips look glorious. I love that mine rendered a subtle difference. I learned about the shape of my lips, and the "science" that goes into using fillers and the reason or reasons why they are not only a good idea, but also a great tool in minimizing the appearance of aging. I had no idea that my lips aged with the rest of my body. I guess it makes sense, but that was a foreign concept, now that I know, its like that old, "yellow car," gimmick, where you don't see yellow cars until you state that there aren't any, and suddenly they are every where. Well after learning about my lips, I now see aged lips everywhere. Weird.

So what I learned about my own lips. My top lip was larger than my bottom. Which is perfectly "fine" everyone deals with asymmetry to some extent in their bodies, so it wasn't out of the norm in that sense, but the typical lip shape, is a top lip that is 1/3 and a bottom lip that is 2/3. In my case, it was the other way around. Also with aging we begin to loose the definition of our cupids bow, that cute little indent at the center of your lips, that gives you an arch. So we added a bit of definition there, and then on my bottom lip, which I have ALWAYS had issues lining to the corners of my lips..I looked like a clown. serious clown lips, I found out it was because again, my top lip was bigger in volume but also in width, so my bottom lip ended inside of my top, meaning that lining to the corners was out of the question.  I simply had the wrong lip shape. Most of these images are selfies I shot in my car, right outside of their office...I was a bit excited, and kind of look like a deer in the headlights, BUT my lips look awesome, so- who cares! ❤️ f


I had, Restylane-L used, the L stands for Lift, and I love the results. It's a Galderma product, and really just helps to fill in the lost collagen, and remove wrinkles. It also helps to moisturize the lips from, the inside out, which during the summer is a HUGE plus! Take a look at their office, and be sure to call and schedule an appointment, they offer a full suite of services! I can not recommend them enough!











Schedule your appointment today! Tell them I sent you! ❤️ Love you guys! 😘😘😘😘😘 Oh, P.S. here is my Before and After!


XO-
Serenity

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts