H a l l o w e e n

Tuesday, November 01, 2016

Cue purple Troll
Was I the only one who was seriously not thrilled about Halloween falling on a Monday? I know, I am a mom and somehow that means I must have an inherent excitedness when it comes to holidays. and I get it, (I do not care that I started that sentence with an and, or that its not capitalized, I am a big fan of random capitalization.) Halloween is fun, I love getting dressed up, and seeing my kids enjoy the day.. but we seriously put on costumes, which is so stressful because bugs 3 color hair do is not "just" right and bears costume is hot, and his muscles are making it tight, and what the bleepity bleep am I supposed to do about it?! Anyways, so there is all this awesomeness, my hair is straight up, because being mom of the year means I get to dress up too... I was a troll, with purple hair and all and cute rosy pink cheeks, aka pink paint in little circles on the apples of my cheeks... and my hair, that was sticking straight up, created by placing a cup upside down on my head. Like five minutes into that hair situation my head already hurt... I wore it to WORK. :/ Not fun. So they encouraged us to all dress up, so since my kids wanted me to, and I am usually pretty fun, I figured why not, so here I am in my cute little skin tone colored dress  (not fitted at all) that has sheer tulle over it, and my vertical purple troll hair, and 2 other coworkers who were dressed, but in like the cop-out costumes, where you cant tell if they are actually in costumes.... again, not cool. But anyways I go on my lunch break and walk past a store window, and realize to my surprise that not only am I standing out in a very big way, cue purple hair and all, but I am also completely see through from the waist down. Now thank the good Lord I had the sense to wear full butt panties, but seriously, they were these cute little boy shorts with white trim, and you could see EVERY DETAIL. Awesome, I got to go back to work, and walk along getting my lunch in a see through get up. I am super fun, y'all! I can not even imagine what my coworkers must have thought. No one mentioned it to me, so I had no clue.

Anyways, by the time I got home, picked the kids up from after school care, sprayed my daughters hair in 3 precise sections with 3 different colors of hair spray, and fastened my son into his master chief costume, I decided that I didn't care if I was see through at this point and just owned it. Yup, I am that hot mess mom. So after that, I painted my husband's face, and turned him into a skeleton, dia de los muertos style, and I have to say I loved it. Every time I looked over I couldn't help but giggle at how fun it was, and how realistic it was in the whole its just face paint and can only look so real thing. But I did really enjoy it.

Doing our very best, serious, "we are dead people" faces.
I started the evening super reluctant, my lupus has been killing me lately, body aches, swollen nodes, sores in my mouth, questionable personality, a genuine lack of people skills and the idea of seeing hordes of people and smiling and walking and doing so much crappity crap crap was less than appealing. None the less, I went, we went, we picked up a friends son who's mom just had a baby via c-section, and took him with us, and met up with some friends, and then with more family and it was actually a great time. This sour puss genuinely enjoyed watching the kids barrel their way down the street, and laughing with the other grown ups at random costumes and just really enjoyed the evening. The weather could not have been nicer, and the company was wonderful. Although when the evening began I really wanted to post pone Halloween a few days, or just bail on the whole situation all together, I am super glad it all worked out as it was supposed to. Drama filled and all.

We went to a family BBQ on Sunday and I painted our faces for that too, it was really fun.. I had no idea how much fun face paint is, my daughter told me it should be my new career and I could charge 1 quarter for every face I paint... If only .25 cents was enough to retire on, that wouldn't be such a bad gig, except that I lack patience, and true artistic talent, those seem vaguely important when staking a life on them. Anyways, Halloween was rounded out this morning by my husband hiding the Halloween candy, and telling the kids that he ate it all (cue Jimmy Fallon) we didn't record it, because we really did not expect a huge reaction... well they both started crying immediately and were so upset with my husband, full on loud tantrum crying that he ate their candy. It was hilarious, even when he fessed up and gave them the candy back, my daughter was certain that he really had eaten quite a bit of it, and was still rather pissed off at him.. how dare he! :P

Happy Halloween from our house... cue a few crappy I-phone Pictures to get you in the spirit. I will get back to the good ones soon.

SO MUCH P U R P L E. 
xoxo
Seren



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts